Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Brian Jacques
The Beatles
Posted: Mar 22 2011, 08:20 AM
Quote Post

Fear me for I am root

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Brian Jacques, best-known as the author of the Redwall series of books, died on 7 February this year, aged 71. We were in the middle of a long downtime, so we'll pay tribute to him now, later than we would like, but just as sadly and fondly, because without him, we as a community would not be here.

Some of us have not even read the Redwall books, but they were the source of inspiration for FAF, which grew out of the wider Redwall Online Community, and which survives now with few traces of that which inspired it, but nevertheless as a circle of friends in a less trivial sense than usual for online communities. Perhaps also Brian's gift for writing has helped a community more thoughtful and earnest to grow around his work than a lesser author would have inspired.

It is my hope that those of us who have become friends through FAF will remain friends for a long time yet. And if that proves so, it will be thanks to Brian, and so we will remember him.
PMEmail PosterAOLYahooMSN
Slasher
Posted: Mar 22 2011, 04:30 PM
Quote Post

The FAF Forums SMEGHEAD!!! lol

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 39

We thank you for the amazing story books you have wrote and for the inspiration for everything related or that may have been related to Redwall and it's communities and all friends - RIP Brian
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteIntegrity Messenger IMAOLYahooMSN
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox --
The Beatles -- This forum is old, we'd need to convert the database to something more modern first, which would support mobile, login with Goog/Fb, etc. The hard work is the conversion. I took a shot at it years ago but couldn't get it to work.
Slasher -- How easy or complicated would it be to make a CSS for mobiles?
The Beatles -- I'd love any ideas! I'm out of the easy ones.
Slasher -- Bring back the forums. Perhaps we could integrate the game into FB somehow, or make a smartphone wrapper app with a smartphone theme?
Slasher -- helloooooooooooooooo

[ Smilies | BBCodes ]

[ Script Execution time: 0.0393 ]   [ 22 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]